New Potter games swoop in
A brand new Harry Potter game will, we're shocked to learn, be released in-coincidence with November's new film, announced EA recently. Electronic Arts, developers and publishers of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, will release this latest outing on PS2, PSP, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, Nintendo DS and PC. Large piles of cash are no doubt also expected. Like the novel, the fourth film and its tie-in videogame will see our young Wizard entering the dangerous Triwizard tournament at Hogwarts. All manner of dragon battling and puzzling is expected. Someone will also perish (I think we know who).
Potter, Ron and the ever-smug Hermione will all be playable characters, and up to three players will be able to combine forces in a new co-op mode. A new spell casting system making full use of force-feedback is also predicted. Naturally, EA can't wait for their new title to hit shelves, and are promising big for this release - their first for some months using this highly profitable licence. The new film will feature the addition of Ralph Fiennes, Miranda Richardson and Jarvis Cocker to the regular stars. More soon.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO