New Potter games swoop in
A brand new Harry Potter game will, we're shocked to learn, be released in-coincidence with November's new film, announced EA recently. Electronic Arts, developers and publishers of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, will release this latest outing on PS2, PSP, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, Nintendo DS and PC. Large piles of cash are no doubt also expected. Like the novel, the fourth film and its tie-in videogame will see our young Wizard entering the dangerous Triwizard tournament at Hogwarts. All manner of dragon battling and puzzling is expected. Someone will also perish (I think we know who).
Potter, Ron and the ever-smug Hermione will all be playable characters, and up to three players will be able to combine forces in a new co-op mode. A new spell casting system making full use of force-feedback is also predicted. Naturally, EA can't wait for their new title to hit shelves, and are promising big for this release - their first for some months using this highly profitable licence. The new film will feature the addition of Ralph Fiennes, Miranda Richardson and Jarvis Cocker to the regular stars. More soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title