Ubisoft admits needing to start again on Rainbow Six: Patriots
It has been a significant while since anyone at Ubisoft has actually said anything about the Rainbow Six and especially the new game Rainbow Six: Patriot.
Ubisoft's Lauren Detoc has broken the company's silence on the game after its surprise disappearance from the public eye.
Detoc stated, “We had a core team. They had a good vision. They got started, and then the game wasn’t working. So [they had] to start again. There’s an editorial group in Ubisoft, a big group, very influential. If the game is not good enough, they say it’s not good enough. Most of the time, the team will say, ‘yeah, I know.’ But sometimes they want to continue in a direction where you say, ‘no, it’s not going to work.'"
He continued, “Rainbow had to be remade. Now they’re going to have the benefit of the new consoles, if and when it comes out. It’s one of those examples where you try, it doesn’t work, you try again. If it doesn’t work, we’re not going to bring it to you.”
“Could it become a shooter with another name in the end, because the team doesn’t want to do counter-terrorist guys?” Detoc added. “Say they want to be in a mercenary setting? That’s possible.”
Rainbow Six: Patriots is now heading to next-gen consoles but whether or not it's still called Patriots is still yet to be seen.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year