Alien: Isolation - Creative Assembly making an Alien game they want to play
Creative Assembly has been talking about the expectation that they have on their shoulders over Alien: Isolation.
The game's creative lead Al Hope pointed out that there is as much expectation from within the Alien: Isolation development team as there ever is from the franchise fans looking for the kind of Alien game that fully captures the spirit of Ridley Scott's original film.
“Yeah, the starting point was absolutely, 'let’s make the Alien game we want to play',” Hope began. “There was this massive untapped potential… In terms of expectation, I dunno, I think we have high ambitions for this and putting a lot into it. This is just the start for us. We were saying earlier that we’re kind of bursting to talk about it.”
He continued, “This is the start of the conversation with the fans and with the audience, so yeah, it feels like we’re going into uncharted territory but because we’ve always been quite clear about what we want to achieve, we’re adamant that we’re going to deliver on that promise. I guess the expectation comes from ourselves. If you’re making the game you want to play you’re going to do everything you can to deliver that.”
Alien: Isolation is due out on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC later on in 2014.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto