Alien: Isolation - Creative Assembly making an Alien game they want to play
Creative Assembly has been talking about the expectation that they have on their shoulders over Alien: Isolation.
The game's creative lead Al Hope pointed out that there is as much expectation from within the Alien: Isolation development team as there ever is from the franchise fans looking for the kind of Alien game that fully captures the spirit of Ridley Scott's original film.
“Yeah, the starting point was absolutely, 'let’s make the Alien game we want to play',” Hope began. “There was this massive untapped potential… In terms of expectation, I dunno, I think we have high ambitions for this and putting a lot into it. This is just the start for us. We were saying earlier that we’re kind of bursting to talk about it.”
He continued, “This is the start of the conversation with the fans and with the audience, so yeah, it feels like we’re going into uncharted territory but because we’ve always been quite clear about what we want to achieve, we’re adamant that we’re going to deliver on that promise. I guess the expectation comes from ourselves. If you’re making the game you want to play you’re going to do everything you can to deliver that.”
Alien: Isolation is due out on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC later on in 2014.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer