Alien: Isolation - Creative Assembly making an Alien game they want to play
Creative Assembly has been talking about the expectation that they have on their shoulders over Alien: Isolation.
The game's creative lead Al Hope pointed out that there is as much expectation from within the Alien: Isolation development team as there ever is from the franchise fans looking for the kind of Alien game that fully captures the spirit of Ridley Scott's original film.
“Yeah, the starting point was absolutely, 'let’s make the Alien game we want to play',” Hope began. “There was this massive untapped potential… In terms of expectation, I dunno, I think we have high ambitions for this and putting a lot into it. This is just the start for us. We were saying earlier that we’re kind of bursting to talk about it.”
He continued, “This is the start of the conversation with the fans and with the audience, so yeah, it feels like we’re going into uncharted territory but because we’ve always been quite clear about what we want to achieve, we’re adamant that we’re going to deliver on that promise. I guess the expectation comes from ourselves. If you’re making the game you want to play you’re going to do everything you can to deliver that.”
Alien: Isolation is due out on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC later on in 2014.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing