The Collective finds Backbone
Two major US developers have this week announced a merger which will create the largest North American independent developer. Backbone Entertainment and The Collective will combine forces in order to better ride out and adapt to the tough times the industry continues to endure, and will perhaps experience even more so as the next-generation of consoles rolls into living rooms. "There's a lot of nervousness about the scale and scope of games increasing," commented Backbone CEO Jon Goldman with resignation. "It will physically become impossible to do great games with a small team with the next generation of games coming on."
"We see great opportunities that can only be addressed by pooling talent and financial resources," he added in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. "We will be able to better invest in technology, processes and creative opportunities that will make us a key player in the future of game development and beyond." The merged developers will henceforth be known collectively as Foundation 9 Entertainment. Backbone are the studio behind Death Jnr. For the PSP, whilst The Collective are tackling Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. More news on this soon.
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow producer Dave Cox parts ways with Konami
- Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the New 3DS
- Deep Silver teases a devilish Saints Row V reveal
- Nintendo announces two brand new upgraded 3DS models
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion