Big news on Halo 2 promised
Speculation is rife at the start of the week that a new expansion pack for Halo 2 will be revealed shortly, with Bungie promising big news on new maps this very week. Microsoft's Korean website appeared to list a title for Halo 2 called the X-Pack last week, sparking the conjecture. "We can't talk about how and when the new maps will be released," responded Bungie to the chit-chat, but did add that the "entire plan is designed to make new content available for everybody, those with Xbox Live and those without Xbox Live."
So it sounds like a full expansion in stores and something via Xbox Live could be on the cards; maybe versions of this mysterious X-Pack via both mediums? Who knows... but it is pleasing to see Bungie adding to Halo 2 having offered little bar patches since the game's November launch. More on this soon, we hope.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One