Big news on Halo 2 promised
Speculation is rife at the start of the week that a new expansion pack for Halo 2 will be revealed shortly, with Bungie promising big news on new maps this very week. Microsoft's Korean website appeared to list a title for Halo 2 called the X-Pack last week, sparking the conjecture. "We can't talk about how and when the new maps will be released," responded Bungie to the chit-chat, but did add that the "entire plan is designed to make new content available for everybody, those with Xbox Live and those without Xbox Live."
So it sounds like a full expansion in stores and something via Xbox Live could be on the cards; maybe versions of this mysterious X-Pack via both mediums? Who knows... but it is pleasing to see Bungie adding to Halo 2 having offered little bar patches since the game's November launch. More on this soon, we hope.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May