Big news on Halo 2 promised
Speculation is rife at the start of the week that a new expansion pack for Halo 2 will be revealed shortly, with Bungie promising big news on new maps this very week. Microsoft's Korean website appeared to list a title for Halo 2 called the X-Pack last week, sparking the conjecture. "We can't talk about how and when the new maps will be released," responded Bungie to the chit-chat, but did add that the "entire plan is designed to make new content available for everybody, those with Xbox Live and those without Xbox Live."
So it sounds like a full expansion in stores and something via Xbox Live could be on the cards; maybe versions of this mysterious X-Pack via both mediums? Who knows... but it is pleasing to see Bungie adding to Halo 2 having offered little bar patches since the game's November launch. More on this soon, we hope.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3