Square Enix assures Hitman fans a next-gen game is on its way
With the newly emerged rumours that Square Enix has cancelled one next-gen Hitman game they have moved to reassure fans that Hitman is coming to next-gen consoles.
While the Square Enix Montreal's next-gen effort may have been cancelled series creators IO Interactive is still hard at work bringing Agent 47 to next-gen consoles.
They released a statement saying, “IO Interactive is developing a new, AAA Hitman game that will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles and Square Enix Montreal is fully focused on mobile development of games some of which are related to the Hitman franchise. We look forward to sharing more details about these titles later this year.”
To be fair the cancellation rumours revolved squarely around Square Enix Montreal's next-gen Hitman game which will now be an Android/iOS game and not any work that IO Interactive were doing. Still, at least they've confirmed that Agent 47 will hit the next-gen consoles at some point.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update