Square Enix assures Hitman fans a next-gen game is on its way
With the newly emerged rumours that Square Enix has cancelled one next-gen Hitman game they have moved to reassure fans that Hitman is coming to next-gen consoles.
While the Square Enix Montreal's next-gen effort may have been cancelled series creators IO Interactive is still hard at work bringing Agent 47 to next-gen consoles.
They released a statement saying, “IO Interactive is developing a new, AAA Hitman game that will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles and Square Enix Montreal is fully focused on mobile development of games some of which are related to the Hitman franchise. We look forward to sharing more details about these titles later this year.”
To be fair the cancellation rumours revolved squarely around Square Enix Montreal's next-gen Hitman game which will now be an Android/iOS game and not any work that IO Interactive were doing. Still, at least they've confirmed that Agent 47 will hit the next-gen consoles at some point.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto