Square Enix assures Hitman fans a next-gen game is on its way
With the newly emerged rumours that Square Enix has cancelled one next-gen Hitman game they have moved to reassure fans that Hitman is coming to next-gen consoles.
While the Square Enix Montreal's next-gen effort may have been cancelled series creators IO Interactive is still hard at work bringing Agent 47 to next-gen consoles.
They released a statement saying, “IO Interactive is developing a new, AAA Hitman game that will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles and Square Enix Montreal is fully focused on mobile development of games some of which are related to the Hitman franchise. We look forward to sharing more details about these titles later this year.”
To be fair the cancellation rumours revolved squarely around Square Enix Montreal's next-gen Hitman game which will now be an Android/iOS game and not any work that IO Interactive were doing. Still, at least they've confirmed that Agent 47 will hit the next-gen consoles at some point.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year