Square Enix assures Hitman fans a next-gen game is on its way
With the newly emerged rumours that Square Enix has cancelled one next-gen Hitman game they have moved to reassure fans that Hitman is coming to next-gen consoles.
While the Square Enix Montreal's next-gen effort may have been cancelled series creators IO Interactive is still hard at work bringing Agent 47 to next-gen consoles.
They released a statement saying, “IO Interactive is developing a new, AAA Hitman game that will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles and Square Enix Montreal is fully focused on mobile development of games some of which are related to the Hitman franchise. We look forward to sharing more details about these titles later this year.”
To be fair the cancellation rumours revolved squarely around Square Enix Montreal's next-gen Hitman game which will now be an Android/iOS game and not any work that IO Interactive were doing. Still, at least they've confirmed that Agent 47 will hit the next-gen consoles at some point.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year