Square Enix assures Hitman fans a next-gen game is on its way
With the newly emerged rumours that Square Enix has cancelled one next-gen Hitman game they have moved to reassure fans that Hitman is coming to next-gen consoles.
While the Square Enix Montreal's next-gen effort may have been cancelled series creators IO Interactive is still hard at work bringing Agent 47 to next-gen consoles.
They released a statement saying, “IO Interactive is developing a new, AAA Hitman game that will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles and Square Enix Montreal is fully focused on mobile development of games some of which are related to the Hitman franchise. We look forward to sharing more details about these titles later this year.”
To be fair the cancellation rumours revolved squarely around Square Enix Montreal's next-gen Hitman game which will now be an Android/iOS game and not any work that IO Interactive were doing. Still, at least they've confirmed that Agent 47 will hit the next-gen consoles at some point.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III