Cliff Blesinski working on PC FPS inspired by Unreal Tournament
The man behind the Gears Of War series, Cliff Bleszinski has been dropping hints as to what he's working on next.
He's published some concept art which hasn't really given that much away but not he's stated what his new project will be.
He told the Pointless podcast, “It will be a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on, if you know what I’m saying.”
Of course, those who can remember Epic Games earlier work will realise that the games he is talking about are the Unreal Tournament series which helped popularlise online multiplayer FPS gaming in the first place.
This may take a while to become a real game though as Bleszinski has indicated that he doesn't want to have to work with the kind of constraints that a traditional publisher would try to impose on him.
He added, "I don't want to work with the old guard, per se. I'll talk to them, have meetings. But the last thing I need is some mid-level marketing guy telling me that 'well, traditionally, this doesn't sell well, so we're concerned,' and all that. Because they're all rearward-looking, and it just drives me f*cking batsh*t."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny