Cliff Blesinski working on PC FPS inspired by Unreal Tournament
The man behind the Gears Of War series, Cliff Bleszinski has been dropping hints as to what he's working on next.
He's published some concept art which hasn't really given that much away but not he's stated what his new project will be.
He told the Pointless podcast, “It will be a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on, if you know what I’m saying.”
Of course, those who can remember Epic Games earlier work will realise that the games he is talking about are the Unreal Tournament series which helped popularlise online multiplayer FPS gaming in the first place.
This may take a while to become a real game though as Bleszinski has indicated that he doesn't want to have to work with the kind of constraints that a traditional publisher would try to impose on him.
He added, "I don't want to work with the old guard, per se. I'll talk to them, have meetings. But the last thing I need is some mid-level marketing guy telling me that 'well, traditionally, this doesn't sell well, so we're concerned,' and all that. Because they're all rearward-looking, and it just drives me f*cking batsh*t."
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat