Cliff Blesinski working on PC FPS inspired by Unreal Tournament
The man behind the Gears Of War series, Cliff Bleszinski has been dropping hints as to what he's working on next.
He's published some concept art which hasn't really given that much away but not he's stated what his new project will be.
He told the Pointless podcast, “It will be a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on, if you know what I’m saying.”
Of course, those who can remember Epic Games earlier work will realise that the games he is talking about are the Unreal Tournament series which helped popularlise online multiplayer FPS gaming in the first place.
This may take a while to become a real game though as Bleszinski has indicated that he doesn't want to have to work with the kind of constraints that a traditional publisher would try to impose on him.
He added, "I don't want to work with the old guard, per se. I'll talk to them, have meetings. But the last thing I need is some mid-level marketing guy telling me that 'well, traditionally, this doesn't sell well, so we're concerned,' and all that. Because they're all rearward-looking, and it just drives me f*cking batsh*t."
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though