Cliff Blesinski working on PC FPS inspired by Unreal Tournament
The man behind the Gears Of War series, Cliff Bleszinski has been dropping hints as to what he's working on next.
He's published some concept art which hasn't really given that much away but not he's stated what his new project will be.
He told the Pointless podcast, “It will be a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on, if you know what I’m saying.”
Of course, those who can remember Epic Games earlier work will realise that the games he is talking about are the Unreal Tournament series which helped popularlise online multiplayer FPS gaming in the first place.
This may take a while to become a real game though as Bleszinski has indicated that he doesn't want to have to work with the kind of constraints that a traditional publisher would try to impose on him.
He added, "I don't want to work with the old guard, per se. I'll talk to them, have meetings. But the last thing I need is some mid-level marketing guy telling me that 'well, traditionally, this doesn't sell well, so we're concerned,' and all that. Because they're all rearward-looking, and it just drives me f*cking batsh*t."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May