Cliff Blesinski working on PC FPS inspired by Unreal Tournament
The man behind the Gears Of War series, Cliff Bleszinski has been dropping hints as to what he's working on next.
He's published some concept art which hasn't really given that much away but not he's stated what his new project will be.
He told the Pointless podcast, “It will be a PC experience that will hearken back to a certain type of game that we cut our teeth on, if you know what I’m saying.”
Of course, those who can remember Epic Games earlier work will realise that the games he is talking about are the Unreal Tournament series which helped popularlise online multiplayer FPS gaming in the first place.
This may take a while to become a real game though as Bleszinski has indicated that he doesn't want to have to work with the kind of constraints that a traditional publisher would try to impose on him.
He added, "I don't want to work with the old guard, per se. I'll talk to them, have meetings. But the last thing I need is some mid-level marketing guy telling me that 'well, traditionally, this doesn't sell well, so we're concerned,' and all that. Because they're all rearward-looking, and it just drives me f*cking batsh*t."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date