Billy "Wicked" Wilson dies aged 33
Sad news reaches us today that online gaming ground-breaker Billy "Wicked" Wilson has died at the age of 33. The veteran news reporter, one of the pioneers of online games reporting with Voodoo Extreme, passed away peacefully with his family at his side. Billy's no-nonsense tongue-in-cheek style was a hit with many as Voodoo Extreme built up a massive following in the 90s, and his personality became a trademark of the site which at one time was one of the top online gaming destinations.
Billy went on to found GamingGroove.com after departing Voodoo Extreme, or VE3D.com, which was subsequently purchased by the burgeoning IGN network. Billy's controversial style didn't always meet with appreciation, but he was loved by thousands nay millions of his readers, and he was one of the groundbreakers as internet gaming sites came of age, and grew in mass popularity. His passing is a sad loss to the online community, which he played a huge part in fostering.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light