Billy "Wicked" Wilson dies aged 33
Sad news reaches us today that online gaming ground-breaker Billy "Wicked" Wilson has died at the age of 33. The veteran news reporter, one of the pioneers of online games reporting with Voodoo Extreme, passed away peacefully with his family at his side. Billy's no-nonsense tongue-in-cheek style was a hit with many as Voodoo Extreme built up a massive following in the 90s, and his personality became a trademark of the site which at one time was one of the top online gaming destinations.
Billy went on to found GamingGroove.com after departing Voodoo Extreme, or VE3D.com, which was subsequently purchased by the burgeoning IGN network. Billy's controversial style didn't always meet with appreciation, but he was loved by thousands nay millions of his readers, and he was one of the groundbreakers as internet gaming sites came of age, and grew in mass popularity. His passing is a sad loss to the online community, which he played a huge part in fostering.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny