Billy "Wicked" Wilson dies aged 33
Sad news reaches us today that online gaming ground-breaker Billy "Wicked" Wilson has died at the age of 33. The veteran news reporter, one of the pioneers of online games reporting with Voodoo Extreme, passed away peacefully with his family at his side. Billy's no-nonsense tongue-in-cheek style was a hit with many as Voodoo Extreme built up a massive following in the 90s, and his personality became a trademark of the site which at one time was one of the top online gaming destinations.
Billy went on to found GamingGroove.com after departing Voodoo Extreme, or VE3D.com, which was subsequently purchased by the burgeoning IGN network. Billy's controversial style didn't always meet with appreciation, but he was loved by thousands nay millions of his readers, and he was one of the groundbreakers as internet gaming sites came of age, and grew in mass popularity. His passing is a sad loss to the online community, which he played a huge part in fostering.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey