Billy "Wicked" Wilson dies aged 33
Sad news reaches us today that online gaming ground-breaker Billy "Wicked" Wilson has died at the age of 33. The veteran news reporter, one of the pioneers of online games reporting with Voodoo Extreme, passed away peacefully with his family at his side. Billy's no-nonsense tongue-in-cheek style was a hit with many as Voodoo Extreme built up a massive following in the 90s, and his personality became a trademark of the site which at one time was one of the top online gaming destinations.
Billy went on to found GamingGroove.com after departing Voodoo Extreme, or VE3D.com, which was subsequently purchased by the burgeoning IGN network. Billy's controversial style didn't always meet with appreciation, but he was loved by thousands nay millions of his readers, and he was one of the groundbreakers as internet gaming sites came of age, and grew in mass popularity. His passing is a sad loss to the online community, which he played a huge part in fostering.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon