New Star Citizen trailer is in 4k UltraHD, and it looks just smashing
The latest trailer for Start Citizen has been released and they've made it in 4K UltraHD for those that have it.
To be entirely clear, the trailer is rendered in 4K in-game in real-time thanks to the wonder of the CryEngine and it shows off combat featuring the Anvil Aerospace Hornet (named after the first fighter yo step into in Wing Commander).
Chris Roberts said about the trailer, "It’s rendered 100 per cent in-engine in real-time at 4K resolution. We scale everything for the super high resolutions that will be the basis of tomorrow’s gaming experience; our assets are designed with high polycounts instead of having details baked into their textures. That’s a big part of why Nvidia and AMD have been demoing Star Citizen at 4K!”
He added, "The next generation of CPUs and GPUs will make this kind of experience possible in gameplay, and we are building Star Citizen to be ready. With the Hornet commercial, we wanted to give our backers an early look."
Get yourself a 4K monitor or UltraHD TV (they're still pretty expensive) load up this video and select OriginalHD for the full 4K experience.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday