New Star Citizen trailer is in 4k UltraHD, and it looks just smashing
The latest trailer for Start Citizen has been released and they've made it in 4K UltraHD for those that have it.
To be entirely clear, the trailer is rendered in 4K in-game in real-time thanks to the wonder of the CryEngine and it shows off combat featuring the Anvil Aerospace Hornet (named after the first fighter yo step into in Wing Commander).
Chris Roberts said about the trailer, "It’s rendered 100 per cent in-engine in real-time at 4K resolution. We scale everything for the super high resolutions that will be the basis of tomorrow’s gaming experience; our assets are designed with high polycounts instead of having details baked into their textures. That’s a big part of why Nvidia and AMD have been demoing Star Citizen at 4K!”
He added, "The next generation of CPUs and GPUs will make this kind of experience possible in gameplay, and we are building Star Citizen to be ready. With the Hornet commercial, we wanted to give our backers an early look."
Get yourself a 4K monitor or UltraHD TV (they're still pretty expensive) load up this video and select OriginalHD for the full 4K experience.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One