New Star Citizen trailer is in 4k UltraHD, and it looks just smashing
The latest trailer for Start Citizen has been released and they've made it in 4K UltraHD for those that have it.
To be entirely clear, the trailer is rendered in 4K in-game in real-time thanks to the wonder of the CryEngine and it shows off combat featuring the Anvil Aerospace Hornet (named after the first fighter yo step into in Wing Commander).
Chris Roberts said about the trailer, "It’s rendered 100 per cent in-engine in real-time at 4K resolution. We scale everything for the super high resolutions that will be the basis of tomorrow’s gaming experience; our assets are designed with high polycounts instead of having details baked into their textures. That’s a big part of why Nvidia and AMD have been demoing Star Citizen at 4K!”
He added, "The next generation of CPUs and GPUs will make this kind of experience possible in gameplay, and we are building Star Citizen to be ready. With the Hornet commercial, we wanted to give our backers an early look."
Get yourself a 4K monitor or UltraHD TV (they're still pretty expensive) load up this video and select OriginalHD for the full 4K experience.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title