New Star Citizen trailer is in 4k UltraHD, and it looks just smashing
The latest trailer for Start Citizen has been released and they've made it in 4K UltraHD for those that have it.
To be entirely clear, the trailer is rendered in 4K in-game in real-time thanks to the wonder of the CryEngine and it shows off combat featuring the Anvil Aerospace Hornet (named after the first fighter yo step into in Wing Commander).
Chris Roberts said about the trailer, "It’s rendered 100 per cent in-engine in real-time at 4K resolution. We scale everything for the super high resolutions that will be the basis of tomorrow’s gaming experience; our assets are designed with high polycounts instead of having details baked into their textures. That’s a big part of why Nvidia and AMD have been demoing Star Citizen at 4K!”
He added, "The next generation of CPUs and GPUs will make this kind of experience possible in gameplay, and we are building Star Citizen to be ready. With the Hornet commercial, we wanted to give our backers an early look."
Get yourself a 4K monitor or UltraHD TV (they're still pretty expensive) load up this video and select OriginalHD for the full 4K experience.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015