Spector launches new studio
Deus Ex creator Warren Spector revealed his latest plans to the enthralled masses at the Games Developers Conference, announcing the formation of Junction Point Studios, a new developer which will be based in Austin, like Spector's former ION Storm studio. The company is said to be already bevearing away on a brand new fantasy project, said to be related to an abandoned Spector project at Looking Glass. The axed project - Junction Point - was said to be a fantasy MMORPG, before scaling back to a singleplayer game, before being chopped completely.
Junction Point Studios executive vice president Art Min is said to go way back with Spector to the Looking Glass days, and the twelve strong team currently employed by the developer are said to be mainly from the now disbanded ION Storm Austin. A full expose on Spector's new project is no doubt coming in due course, but at the moment it's just too early to discuss matters, the veteran designer commented at the GDC. More soon, then.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year