Saga of Silicon Knights vs Epic ends Epic's favour
We didn't need a crystal ball, or even a magic eight-ball to see this one coming.
The court battle between Silicon Knights and Epic Games over their Unreal engine 3 licensing agreement has ended with Epic coming out on top.
As a result of Silicon Knights' appeal against the original ruling in favour of Epic the remnants of the Ontario-based studio have been ordered to pay 9.2 million USD to Epic in combined damages and court fees by a North Carolina court.
This will probably spell the end for Silicon Knights as it has been treading water for the last few years. It will be a sad end to a studio that produced great games like Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey