Saga of Silicon Knights vs Epic ends Epic's favour
We didn't need a crystal ball, or even a magic eight-ball to see this one coming.
The court battle between Silicon Knights and Epic Games over their Unreal engine 3 licensing agreement has ended with Epic coming out on top.
As a result of Silicon Knights' appeal against the original ruling in favour of Epic the remnants of the Ontario-based studio have been ordered to pay 9.2 million USD to Epic in combined damages and court fees by a North Carolina court.
This will probably spell the end for Silicon Knights as it has been treading water for the last few years. It will be a sad end to a studio that produced great games like Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015