Saga of Silicon Knights vs Epic ends Epic's favour
We didn't need a crystal ball, or even a magic eight-ball to see this one coming.
The court battle between Silicon Knights and Epic Games over their Unreal engine 3 licensing agreement has ended with Epic coming out on top.
As a result of Silicon Knights' appeal against the original ruling in favour of Epic the remnants of the Ontario-based studio have been ordered to pay 9.2 million USD to Epic in combined damages and court fees by a North Carolina court.
This will probably spell the end for Silicon Knights as it has been treading water for the last few years. It will be a sad end to a studio that produced great games like Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light