Platinum Games: We're just glad we're getting to make Bayonetta 2 at all
Platinum Games is beginning to get pretty frustrated over Bayonetta 2 but not with developing the game itself.
They have been inundated with messages from eager fans wanting to play the game on consoles other than the Wii U and that is where the problem lies.
Hideki Kamiya has already lashed out at repeated requests for ports of Bayonetta 2 on Twitter and now the game's creative producer JP Kellams has taken to Twitter to plead with fans to stop requesting ports as they are not possible due to Nintendo holding the purse strings.
Kellams stated, “I hate posting anything Bayonetta 2 on our Facebook. Not because I hate Bayonetta 2, but because I hate the pedantic port-begging. It’s been over a year since we announced. We heard you. We get it. We are just happy that we get to make Bayonetta 2 for the patient fans.” Bayonetta 2 is due for release on the Wii U some time in 2014.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3