The Rock talks Doom
Dwayne Johnson, better known as WWE wrestler (and, we recall, once a singer in a Wyclef track too) "The Rock" has been talking up his role in the forthcoming Doom movie, filming on which has just wrapped, according to the big-screen hard-man in a interview for American TV. On 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart', The Rock said "No, I'm the one," when asked if he would play the role of a creature. Still, confusion remains as to the exact role of The Rock, with fellow star Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings) previously listed as the leader of squad investigating strange Martian activity.
"Without giving the movie away, I play the ultimate [censored]. It'll be great. But you don't know I'm [censored]," The Rock is quoted as stating via Empire Online (thanks to Gamespot for that, err, spot). Ambiguity remains then as to who is the eponymous marine, but the premise is classic Doom: a research facility on Mars gone wrong with the arrival of all hell. Die Another Day's Rosamund Pike will also star and Cradle 2 the Grave director Andrzej Bartkowiak is in charge of this Universal Pictures project. More on the Doom motion picture soon.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan