The Rock talks Doom
Dwayne Johnson, better known as WWE wrestler (and, we recall, once a singer in a Wyclef track too) "The Rock" has been talking up his role in the forthcoming Doom movie, filming on which has just wrapped, according to the big-screen hard-man in a interview for American TV. On 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart', The Rock said "No, I'm the one," when asked if he would play the role of a creature. Still, confusion remains as to the exact role of The Rock, with fellow star Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings) previously listed as the leader of squad investigating strange Martian activity.
"Without giving the movie away, I play the ultimate [censored]. It'll be great. But you don't know I'm [censored]," The Rock is quoted as stating via Empire Online (thanks to Gamespot for that, err, spot). Ambiguity remains then as to who is the eponymous marine, but the premise is classic Doom: a research facility on Mars gone wrong with the arrival of all hell. Die Another Day's Rosamund Pike will also star and Cradle 2 the Grave director Andrzej Bartkowiak is in charge of this Universal Pictures project. More on the Doom motion picture soon.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto