Activision capture the Fantastic Four
Activision must be rubbing their hands in glee with their latest movie licence acquisition, the Fantastic Four from Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Comics. The game will be out in tandem with the new superhero flick in the summer, with releases on the PS2, Xbox, GameCube and PC touted. A 'team-based action adventure' game is mooted, with an engrossing single-player portion set to be complimented by a two-player co-op mode. X2: X-Men-United film writer Zak Penn will provide the game's plot and script, which follows that of the film, and will see the player utilising the diversity of the superheroes powers to battle Doctor Doom and his minions across a range of environs.
The locations will apparently be familiar to those who are fans of Marvel's original comics, and will apparently engage the player in adventures beyond that of the film plot too. Multiplayer hero battles will be possible in arenas, and we're also told that it will be possible to switch characters mid-battle. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3