Ghost Recon Online coming to Steam... Early Access?
Ubisoft has announced that they will be bringing their free-to-play military shooter Ghost Recon Online to Steam via Early Access first.
The game has been around albeit in open beta form for some time already so the decision is mildly puzzling until you consider the success that DayZ, Rust and even Ubisoft's own The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot have seen on Steam Early Access.
Producer Corey Facteau said, “Bringing Ghost Recon Online to Steam has been our goal since the game's inception. We took the time necessary to reach a quality level that can go head to head with the best online games available today before releasing on Steam. To ensure a seamless transition to the new platform, we will use Early Access to fine tune the Ghost Recon Online experience before releasing it to the rest of the world.”
The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot is also destined to be a free-to-play title but it is currently available in beta on Steam Early Access for 14.99 GBP which may explain Ubisoft's eagerness to push GRO on Early Access first.
Ghost Recon Online is already available to Canadian gamers on Steam Early Access and will roll out to the wider world between now and the spring.
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault