DoA creator dismisses new Tekken
With Namco's Tekken 5 currently en route to stores, rival beat 'em creator Tomonobu Itagaki, of the Tecmo / Dead or Alive fame, has taken the opportunity to take a side-swipe at this rival to his own inventions. Speaking in an interview with 1UP, Itagaki was cheerfully snearing in his jibes, beginning: "First they put in all of these half-finished "features", then they take them right out again," before adding "Tag fights, elevation differences, walls. I don't know if it's because they're impatient, or because they lack the ability, but no matter the reason those guys are a pretty weird bunch. Any of those things would have become a bonafide feature if they took the time to do it right."
All in all something of a lambasting for Namco, though Tecmo are somewhat renown for their vocal dismissals of their rivals; the Japanese publisher having previously dissed Sony and their partners - not least, we're guessing, because Tecmo enjoy strong ties with Microsoft. We'll keep you posted on the posturing of developers as and when their tongues are let loose.
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4