DoA creator dismisses new Tekken
With Namco's Tekken 5 currently en route to stores, rival beat 'em creator Tomonobu Itagaki, of the Tecmo / Dead or Alive fame, has taken the opportunity to take a side-swipe at this rival to his own inventions. Speaking in an interview with 1UP, Itagaki was cheerfully snearing in his jibes, beginning: "First they put in all of these half-finished "features", then they take them right out again," before adding "Tag fights, elevation differences, walls. I don't know if it's because they're impatient, or because they lack the ability, but no matter the reason those guys are a pretty weird bunch. Any of those things would have become a bonafide feature if they took the time to do it right."
All in all something of a lambasting for Namco, though Tecmo are somewhat renown for their vocal dismissals of their rivals; the Japanese publisher having previously dissed Sony and their partners - not least, we're guessing, because Tecmo enjoy strong ties with Microsoft. We'll keep you posted on the posturing of developers as and when their tongues are let loose.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year