CCP's PLEX for good raises nearly 200,000 USD for Typhoon Hainan
EVE Online gamers have managed to do a rather decent bit for charity through CCP's PLEX For Good Campaign raising nearly 200,000 USD for the relief effort for Typhoon Hainan.
The campaign began on November the 20th with CCP taking in-game donations from EVE Online players in the form of PLEX (Pilot's License Extension) which would be converted into cash and donated to the Icelandic Red Cross to go towards the relief effort for Typhoon Hainan.
The culmination of the PLEX For Good was an eight-hour telethon campaign on CCP's Twitch.tv channel featuring CCP devs pledging unique donations ranging from getting tattooed, to developer boxing matches and even sparring against a Tae Kwon Do champion for each milestone that was reached.
In the end the PLEX For Good campaign has managed to raise a total of 190,890 USD to aid the survivors of Typhoon Hainan which equates to around 1060 years of play time in EVE Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3