SOCOM 3 revealed
Sony have revealed today that a third title in the multiplayer-tastic third-person shooter series SOCOM is en route to the PS2, and is once again being crafted by Zipper Interactive. The title is due out in the autumn, but unsurprisingly has been rumoured for some time anyway. Morocco, Poland and Bangladesh will be forming the new backdrops to our elite force's actions, and new AI as well as customisable weapons attachments are also being mooted.
Larger levels, using advanced 'streaming' technology (rather than those pesky loading screens) are promised, and singleplayer appears to be getting far more attention this time around than in the previous PS2 Online-focussed titles. Plenty of vehicles are also due, as too are multiple routes to success, and a new 'context sensitive' control for ordering comrades, etc. More is expected at E3. News-Ed-out.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch