SOCOM 3 revealed
Sony have revealed today that a third title in the multiplayer-tastic third-person shooter series SOCOM is en route to the PS2, and is once again being crafted by Zipper Interactive. The title is due out in the autumn, but unsurprisingly has been rumoured for some time anyway. Morocco, Poland and Bangladesh will be forming the new backdrops to our elite force's actions, and new AI as well as customisable weapons attachments are also being mooted.
Larger levels, using advanced 'streaming' technology (rather than those pesky loading screens) are promised, and singleplayer appears to be getting far more attention this time around than in the previous PS2 Online-focussed titles. Plenty of vehicles are also due, as too are multiple routes to success, and a new 'context sensitive' control for ordering comrades, etc. More is expected at E3. News-Ed-out.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released