SOCOM 3 revealed
Sony have revealed today that a third title in the multiplayer-tastic third-person shooter series SOCOM is en route to the PS2, and is once again being crafted by Zipper Interactive. The title is due out in the autumn, but unsurprisingly has been rumoured for some time anyway. Morocco, Poland and Bangladesh will be forming the new backdrops to our elite force's actions, and new AI as well as customisable weapons attachments are also being mooted.
Larger levels, using advanced 'streaming' technology (rather than those pesky loading screens) are promised, and singleplayer appears to be getting far more attention this time around than in the previous PS2 Online-focussed titles. Plenty of vehicles are also due, as too are multiple routes to success, and a new 'context sensitive' control for ordering comrades, etc. More is expected at E3. News-Ed-out.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below