SOCOM 3 revealed
Sony have revealed today that a third title in the multiplayer-tastic third-person shooter series SOCOM is en route to the PS2, and is once again being crafted by Zipper Interactive. The title is due out in the autumn, but unsurprisingly has been rumoured for some time anyway. Morocco, Poland and Bangladesh will be forming the new backdrops to our elite force's actions, and new AI as well as customisable weapons attachments are also being mooted.
Larger levels, using advanced 'streaming' technology (rather than those pesky loading screens) are promised, and singleplayer appears to be getting far more attention this time around than in the previous PS2 Online-focussed titles. Plenty of vehicles are also due, as too are multiple routes to success, and a new 'context sensitive' control for ordering comrades, etc. More is expected at E3. News-Ed-out.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3