Midway run the Gauntlet with Romero
We heard quite some time back that John Romero (of the Doom fame) was working on a new edition of the Gauntlet series at Midway, and now we know that he is for certain - because the US developer / publisher have told us. Midway's San Diego studio will be the site of the development with Icewind Dal's Josh Sawyer also joining Romero at the head of the project. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows will be heading to the PS2, Xbox and PC in the winter.
Players of the new Gaunlet with lead four adventurers in a fantasy world fraught with danger, and being torn apart by the magical machinations of a powerful emperor who isn't exactly harbouring the murder of his great lover with much dignity. The gameplay sounds a bit like Dungeon Siege, with hack-n-slash fighting joined by "lite" RPG elements. As well as an involving singleplayer aspect, we're promised co-op and a full online mode. More on this at E3 in May.. probably.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year