Midway run the Gauntlet with Romero
We heard quite some time back that John Romero (of the Doom fame) was working on a new edition of the Gauntlet series at Midway, and now we know that he is for certain - because the US developer / publisher have told us. Midway's San Diego studio will be the site of the development with Icewind Dal's Josh Sawyer also joining Romero at the head of the project. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows will be heading to the PS2, Xbox and PC in the winter.
Players of the new Gaunlet with lead four adventurers in a fantasy world fraught with danger, and being torn apart by the magical machinations of a powerful emperor who isn't exactly harbouring the murder of his great lover with much dignity. The gameplay sounds a bit like Dungeon Siege, with hack-n-slash fighting joined by "lite" RPG elements. As well as an involving singleplayer aspect, we're promised co-op and a full online mode. More on this at E3 in May.. probably.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May