Midway run the Gauntlet with Romero
We heard quite some time back that John Romero (of the Doom fame) was working on a new edition of the Gauntlet series at Midway, and now we know that he is for certain - because the US developer / publisher have told us. Midway's San Diego studio will be the site of the development with Icewind Dal's Josh Sawyer also joining Romero at the head of the project. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows will be heading to the PS2, Xbox and PC in the winter.
Players of the new Gaunlet with lead four adventurers in a fantasy world fraught with danger, and being torn apart by the magical machinations of a powerful emperor who isn't exactly harbouring the murder of his great lover with much dignity. The gameplay sounds a bit like Dungeon Siege, with hack-n-slash fighting joined by "lite" RPG elements. As well as an involving singleplayer aspect, we're promised co-op and a full online mode. More on this at E3 in May.. probably.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone