Midway run the Gauntlet with Romero
We heard quite some time back that John Romero (of the Doom fame) was working on a new edition of the Gauntlet series at Midway, and now we know that he is for certain - because the US developer / publisher have told us. Midway's San Diego studio will be the site of the development with Icewind Dal's Josh Sawyer also joining Romero at the head of the project. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows will be heading to the PS2, Xbox and PC in the winter.
Players of the new Gaunlet with lead four adventurers in a fantasy world fraught with danger, and being torn apart by the magical machinations of a powerful emperor who isn't exactly harbouring the murder of his great lover with much dignity. The gameplay sounds a bit like Dungeon Siege, with hack-n-slash fighting joined by "lite" RPG elements. As well as an involving singleplayer aspect, we're promised co-op and a full online mode. More on this at E3 in May.. probably.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent