Double Fine to introduce the world to the joy of hacking with Zelda-style adventure Hack 'n' Slash
Every year the staff of Double Fine take a couple of weeks out from their usual projects to indulge in a bit of a game jam called Amnesia Fortnight.
One of the most interesting titles created during this year's Anmesia Fortnight is Zelda-style adventure Hack 'n' Slash. This is no ordinary adventure though. The gameplay mechanics of Hack 'n' Slash involves hacking the game to reduce enemy's abilities and armour and unearthing the game's secrets.
Brandon Dillon, the project lead on Hack 'n' Slash said, “I've always loved games with lots of secrets in them. And when I first discovered a hex editor in an emulator, it dawned on me that I could be a kind of digital treasure hunter - no game could keep even its deepest secrets from me if I adventured long enough in its code and memory.”
Hack 'n' Slash is due to be released on PC, Mac and Linux some time in the first half of 2014.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3