Final Fantasy XI axes 800 players
Square Enix have axed the accounts of over 800 players in Final Fantasy XI Online, accusing the freshly dismissed gamers of breaching the terms of service agreement by which players of the MMORPG must abide. The guilty few were apparently caught bullying and even killing other players in gangs, in order to protect sought after items in particular hunting grounds. Harassment and bullying would not be tolerated, argued the developer, and 'cannot be overlooked'.
"Severely disturbing the enjoyment of other users by monopolizing monsters is not acceptable. We have taken measures against players who have been clearly going against the terms of service," read a statement in which Square Enix also encourage gamers to contact a Games Master if they spot a similar problem.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015