New MMO from GTA man sighted
A press conference in Seoul, South Korea, yesterday revealed the latest project under way by Grand Theft Auto creator David Jones, whose new UK studio Real Time Worlds announced a deal with Korean MMORPG giant Webzen to create a brand new massively multiplayer online title, the intriguing All Point Bulletin (APB for short). Webzen, who are keen to extend their reach beyond their Korean stomping grounds, have acquired all publishing rights to APB - the first online game under Jones' charge.
"As an avid gamer and creator of many single player games, it has been my dream to create an online game experience that provides the player with the ultimate freedom to do whatever he wants, in a thriving, living environment," commented David Jones. "When looking for a publishing partner for APB, it was imperative to find a company that was a worldwide leader in online games and we found that in Webzen, Inc."
APB is certainly an intriguing prospect, and Jones has some serious backing in the shape of one of Korea's major MMO players - whether or not the man's creative talents lend themselves well to the dedicated and competitive online genre however remains very much to be seen. We await further news with interest, here's the officially summary in the meantime:
APB is a massively multiplayer online game based in living, breathing cities that will feel familiar to players, as they precisely replicate famous cities all over the world. APB is a turf war involving two main factions, the Squads, whose goal is to uphold the law, and the Gangs, who seek to break the law at all costs. Players will be able to choose their side, in a classic good guy versus bad guy scenario. The Gangs are all about graffiti, attitude, custom cars and earning cash any way they can. The Squads stand for honor, teamwork, firepower and destroying the Gangs. APB will provide the player with the ultimate customization options from their weapons, vehicles and clothes to their attitude, music and environment.
APB will be shown-off further at E3 in May, a release in early 2007 is currently scheduled. Blimey.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue