Shiny new Matrix game stars Neo
Atari and developer Shiny have today unveiled the brand new Matrix game which has been in development since 'Enter the Matrix' graced our screens, and the publisher has confirmed a release in the fourth-quarter for the PS2, Xbox and PC. What's more, this title is being crafted with the aid of film producer Joel Silver and directors the Wachowski brothers. The game is titled the 'Path of Neo', and is all about our impossibly empowered hero.
Like EA's Lord of the Rings outing, Path of Neo will take us on an interactive tour through the best bits of the films, featuring all the original cast from the trilogy in interlacing scenes that bind the expansive plot. It was previously felt that the character of Neo would be too strong for a videogame, however it appears a U-turn is underway, as Atari seek to promote the most appealing elements of the action-packed films. More soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer