Christopher Brookmyre teams up with RedBedlam to pen new shooter Bedlam
RedBedlam has teamed up with Scottish author Christopher Brookmyre to create their new game Bedlam.
Bedlam is a first-person shooter with a healthy dose of Brookmyre's trademark dark sense of humour. It follows the events of Brookmyre's novel of the same name. It puts players firmly in the shoes of a video game grunt throughout gaming history ducking and diving an organisation called Integrity that is sparing no expense to have him killed.
“A lot of my writing has been inspired by videogames,” said Brookmyre, “and it has always been a big part of my life. When the guys at RedBedlam got in touch to see if I was interested in creating a game with them, I jumped at the chance and have since been consistently thrilled to see my own literary worlds visualised so accurately. Bedlam is a tribute to gaming in all its forms and the part it has played in all our lives – as well as being a top quality FPS adventure in itself. I look forward to seeing more of these fantastic characters and worlds fully realised and I think people are going to really enjoy what we’ve put together.”
Bedlam will be released on Steam for PC on the 21st of January alongside the paperback version of the book.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3