God of War ascending soon
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe yesterday confirmed what we all fully expected anyway, that they will be publishing God of War, developed by Sony's Santa Monica studio stateside, with a release in the second quarter of 2005 tabled. God of War is based heavily on Greek mythology, and sees players assuming the role of mighty warrior-hero type Kratos. A singleplayer action-adventure game is the order of the day, and a heady mix of involving combat and puzzles is mooted.
Kratos' daunting task is to hunt and kill the god of war himself: Aries, and the story of the game will unfold post-modern style through flashbacks initially, as the player works out why the game began with a soldier falling to his death. It certainly sounds promising, and we know Sony will be working hard on their first-party exclusive titles, so we look forward to learning more about this as release looms. Which it is already, really.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May