God of War ascending soon
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe yesterday confirmed what we all fully expected anyway, that they will be publishing God of War, developed by Sony's Santa Monica studio stateside, with a release in the second quarter of 2005 tabled. God of War is based heavily on Greek mythology, and sees players assuming the role of mighty warrior-hero type Kratos. A singleplayer action-adventure game is the order of the day, and a heady mix of involving combat and puzzles is mooted.
Kratos' daunting task is to hunt and kill the god of war himself: Aries, and the story of the game will unfold post-modern style through flashbacks initially, as the player works out why the game began with a soldier falling to his death. It certainly sounds promising, and we know Sony will be working hard on their first-party exclusive titles, so we look forward to learning more about this as release looms. Which it is already, really.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive