Notch created Minecraft to turn Mojang into his own Valve
It appears that Valve was the main inspiration for Markus Persson in starting Mojang and creating Minecraft.
In 2010 Markus 'Notch' Persson interviewed for a job at Valve with Gabe Newell and Robin Walker, one which he ultimately turned down to begin creating Minecraft with Mojang co-founder Jakob Porser.
The excerpt comes from the English translation of the book Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus 'Notch' Persson and the Game that Changed Everything.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent