Notch created Minecraft to turn Mojang into his own Valve
It appears that Valve was the main inspiration for Markus Persson in starting Mojang and creating Minecraft.
In 2010 Markus 'Notch' Persson interviewed for a job at Valve with Gabe Newell and Robin Walker, one which he ultimately turned down to begin creating Minecraft with Mojang co-founder Jakob Porser.
The excerpt comes from the English translation of the book Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus 'Notch' Persson and the Game that Changed Everything.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan