Notch created Minecraft to turn Mojang into his own Valve
It appears that Valve was the main inspiration for Markus Persson in starting Mojang and creating Minecraft.
In 2010 Markus 'Notch' Persson interviewed for a job at Valve with Gabe Newell and Robin Walker, one which he ultimately turned down to begin creating Minecraft with Mojang co-founder Jakob Porser.
The excerpt comes from the English translation of the book Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus 'Notch' Persson and the Game that Changed Everything.
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: Old Blood a prequel to The New Order