Notch created Minecraft to turn Mojang into his own Valve
It appears that Valve was the main inspiration for Markus Persson in starting Mojang and creating Minecraft.
In 2010 Markus 'Notch' Persson interviewed for a job at Valve with Gabe Newell and Robin Walker, one which he ultimately turned down to begin creating Minecraft with Mojang co-founder Jakob Porser.
The excerpt comes from the English translation of the book Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus 'Notch' Persson and the Game that Changed Everything.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though