Notch created Minecraft to turn Mojang into his own Valve
It appears that Valve was the main inspiration for Markus Persson in starting Mojang and creating Minecraft.
In 2010 Markus 'Notch' Persson interviewed for a job at Valve with Gabe Newell and Robin Walker, one which he ultimately turned down to begin creating Minecraft with Mojang co-founder Jakob Porser.
The excerpt comes from the English translation of the book Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus 'Notch' Persson and the Game that Changed Everything.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year