Xbox One HDD 'full' at around 360 GB
It appears that the Xbox One's 500GB hard disc doesn't offer nearly that much of free storage space.
An experiment carried out by IGN to see just how much storage space the Xbox One's HDD can actually store has placed the limit of usable space at 362GB. This means that the Xbox One's OS and other functions uses up around 140GB of space.
It stands to reason given the Xbox One's DVR functions that there would be a buffer for video on the console's HDD. Still, to only get a 360GB of storage out of a 500GB device will ruffle more than a few feathers.
Thanks Xbox 360 Achievements.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3