New free-to-play Star Wars game unveiled called Star Wars: Attack Squadron
Disney has announced details of a brand new free-to-play shooter in development that is set in the Star Wars universe.
Star Wars: Attack Squadron is a brand new dogfighting title that evokes memories of the LucasArts classic titles of old, X-Wing and TIE Fighter.
There will be three different game modes to begin with – Free-for-all, Team Dogfight and Base Defense – for players to jump into their fighter of choice and battle it out either for the Rebel Alliance or the Empire.
There will also be a variety of different fighters available with the short trailer and initial screenshots showing X-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors.
The developer Area 52 Games is now accepting applications for the beta which is due to begin in the new year.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light