New free-to-play Star Wars game unveiled called Star Wars: Attack Squadron
Disney has announced details of a brand new free-to-play shooter in development that is set in the Star Wars universe.
Star Wars: Attack Squadron is a brand new dogfighting title that evokes memories of the LucasArts classic titles of old, X-Wing and TIE Fighter.
There will be three different game modes to begin with – Free-for-all, Team Dogfight and Base Defense – for players to jump into their fighter of choice and battle it out either for the Rebel Alliance or the Empire.
There will also be a variety of different fighters available with the short trailer and initial screenshots showing X-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors.
The developer Area 52 Games is now accepting applications for the beta which is due to begin in the new year.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015