DayZ Standalone arrives on Steam Early Access
Bohemia Interactive has released DayZ Standalone on Steam Early Access.
The game is currently in the alpha stage of development and Bohemia has released it to allow fans to actively participate in the game's development process.
It currently offers 40-player servers, a 230 square-kilometre playable area dotted with villages, forests, cities, abandoned military bases and more, a new inventory and crafting system and weapon and clothing customisation.
The entry on Steam does carry the following disclaimer: “WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.”
DayZ Standalone is available on Steam Early Access now for 19.99 GBP/29.99 USD.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though