DayZ Standalone arrives on Steam Early Access
Bohemia Interactive has released DayZ Standalone on Steam Early Access.
The game is currently in the alpha stage of development and Bohemia has released it to allow fans to actively participate in the game's development process.
It currently offers 40-player servers, a 230 square-kilometre playable area dotted with villages, forests, cities, abandoned military bases and more, a new inventory and crafting system and weapon and clothing customisation.
The entry on Steam does carry the following disclaimer: “WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.”
DayZ Standalone is available on Steam Early Access now for 19.99 GBP/29.99 USD.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3