Dust 514 Uprising 1.7 update arrives
Today sees the launch of the latest in a series of monthly updates for Dust 514.
The Uprising 1.7 update brings in a raft of new content along with a load of improvements to the game mechanics. New content includes the Minmatar Combat Rifle which is effective in short and medium range combat situations and the Caldari Rail Rifle which is potent at long ranges. They've also added the new Volcanic mood to add a bit more variety to the mission maps.
The update includes significant revisions and improvements to both the vehicle system and the Factional Warfare system. CCP has streamlined vehicle fitting laying the foundation for the arrival of new vehicle variations in future updates.
The update brings in a new loyalty points system to the Factional Warfare system which will allow player access to faction-specific weaponry. Further, CCP has also revamped the system for initiating Orbital Strikes so they must now be earned by securing satellites first.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3