BF2 delayed, DICE in the bag
EA yesterday unveiled their latest quarterly financial results, and predictably it was more good news for the world's largest games publisher. Amid the balance sheets and unsurprising optimism, there was also a few details on - amazingly - videogames... because apparently that is still what it's all about. Specifically, we hear word that Battlefield 2 has been delayed, and will now be with us between April and June - rather than the March date previously mooted. Medal of Honour: Dogs of War will also be released during the same period.
In more business-centred titillation, EA have finally got their claws well and truly into Battlefield developers Digital Illusions CE (DICE), the new statement confirming that whilst the studio hasn't been acquired outright, a controlling stake of 59.8% is in the bag. A few rebellious shareholders apparently put pay to EA's hopes of total domination, though we imagine this can't be far off, and EA does have the option of raising their stake to over 67% at a later date. More Battlefield games are to be expected, we think.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching