BF2 delayed, DICE in the bag
EA yesterday unveiled their latest quarterly financial results, and predictably it was more good news for the world's largest games publisher. Amid the balance sheets and unsurprising optimism, there was also a few details on - amazingly - videogames... because apparently that is still what it's all about. Specifically, we hear word that Battlefield 2 has been delayed, and will now be with us between April and June - rather than the March date previously mooted. Medal of Honour: Dogs of War will also be released during the same period.
In more business-centred titillation, EA have finally got their claws well and truly into Battlefield developers Digital Illusions CE (DICE), the new statement confirming that whilst the studio hasn't been acquired outright, a controlling stake of 59.8% is in the bag. A few rebellious shareholders apparently put pay to EA's hopes of total domination, though we imagine this can't be far off, and EA does have the option of raising their stake to over 67% at a later date. More Battlefield games are to be expected, we think.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny