MLB 2K series sees its final innings
2K Sports has revealed that they have called time on their series based on the Major League Baseball franchise.
Visual Concepts has been working on the baseball series since 2004 but the series popularity has been waning of late.
As of the turn of the new year 2K purged all reference to the MLB 2K franchise from its Facebook page to the support pages on their own site. MLB 2K11 and MLB 2K12 have also been pulled from sale on Xbox Live and Steam which seems to indicate that their license with Major League Baseball has expired.
2K Sports released a statement on the series saying, "We have decided not to renew our MLB 2K series for 2014. We are very proud of the achievements made by the MLB 2K team and look forward to their contributions to our future titles, including NBA 2K — our industry's #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise."
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015