MLB 2K series sees its final innings
2K Sports has revealed that they have called time on their series based on the Major League Baseball franchise.
Visual Concepts has been working on the baseball series since 2004 but the series popularity has been waning of late.
As of the turn of the new year 2K purged all reference to the MLB 2K franchise from its Facebook page to the support pages on their own site. MLB 2K11 and MLB 2K12 have also been pulled from sale on Xbox Live and Steam which seems to indicate that their license with Major League Baseball has expired.
2K Sports released a statement on the series saying, "We have decided not to renew our MLB 2K series for 2014. We are very proud of the achievements made by the MLB 2K team and look forward to their contributions to our future titles, including NBA 2K — our industry's #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter