So much can still be done with PS3 and Xbox 360 says John Carmack
John Carmack has been noting that the potential of the outgoing console generation isn't fully realised yet.
The id Software co-founder and Oculus Rift CTO has lamented what he calls a “tidal wave of technology” that pushes console developers onto new hardware just as they've learned how make the most of the current hardware.
He said, "There's so much you can still do on the previous console generation. The 360 and PS3 are far from tapped out in terms of what a developer could do with them, but the whole world's gonna move over towards next-gen and high-end PCs and all these other things.”
“Just as you fully understand a previous generation,” Carmack went on, “you have to put it away to kind of surf forward on the tidal wave of technology that's always moving. That's something that we've struggled with in every generation."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light