So much can still be done with PS3 and Xbox 360 says John Carmack
John Carmack has been noting that the potential of the outgoing console generation isn't fully realised yet.
The id Software co-founder and Oculus Rift CTO has lamented what he calls a “tidal wave of technology” that pushes console developers onto new hardware just as they've learned how make the most of the current hardware.
He said, "There's so much you can still do on the previous console generation. The 360 and PS3 are far from tapped out in terms of what a developer could do with them, but the whole world's gonna move over towards next-gen and high-end PCs and all these other things.”
“Just as you fully understand a previous generation,” Carmack went on, “you have to put it away to kind of surf forward on the tidal wave of technology that's always moving. That's something that we've struggled with in every generation."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015