So much can still be done with PS3 and Xbox 360 says John Carmack
John Carmack has been noting that the potential of the outgoing console generation isn't fully realised yet.
The id Software co-founder and Oculus Rift CTO has lamented what he calls a “tidal wave of technology” that pushes console developers onto new hardware just as they've learned how make the most of the current hardware.
He said, "There's so much you can still do on the previous console generation. The 360 and PS3 are far from tapped out in terms of what a developer could do with them, but the whole world's gonna move over towards next-gen and high-end PCs and all these other things.”
“Just as you fully understand a previous generation,” Carmack went on, “you have to put it away to kind of surf forward on the tidal wave of technology that's always moving. That's something that we've struggled with in every generation."
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold