Hideki Kamiya: Okami and Viewtiful Joe may never have been made if he'd worked on Devil May Cry 2
Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya has been explaining why he prefers not to work on sequels.
Kamiya-san explained that he wants to create new experiences and he would not be able to create impressive new experiences like Okami, Viewtiful Joe and The Wonderful 101 if he had been restricted to working on sequels of his more successful creations like Devil May Cray and Bayonetta.
He began, “It’s not that I don’t want to make sequels – I really do! But considering the nature of my position, I don’t really get a chance to. Somebody needs to offer new entertainment to gamers and do the work of sowing seeds that can later grow to be strong pillars.”
“It sounds a little overblown,” added the Devil May Cry creator, “but I’ve come to believe that is my purpose. If I had been involved with Devil May Cry 2, then Viewtiful Joe and Okami might never have been made. If I was directing Bayonetta 2, then I wouldn’t have been able to make The Wonderful 101.”
Thanks Nintendo Everything.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014