Hideki Kamiya: Okami and Viewtiful Joe may never have been made if he'd worked on Devil May Cry 2
Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya has been explaining why he prefers not to work on sequels.
Kamiya-san explained that he wants to create new experiences and he would not be able to create impressive new experiences like Okami, Viewtiful Joe and The Wonderful 101 if he had been restricted to working on sequels of his more successful creations like Devil May Cray and Bayonetta.
He began, “It’s not that I don’t want to make sequels – I really do! But considering the nature of my position, I don’t really get a chance to. Somebody needs to offer new entertainment to gamers and do the work of sowing seeds that can later grow to be strong pillars.”
“It sounds a little overblown,” added the Devil May Cry creator, “but I’ve come to believe that is my purpose. If I had been involved with Devil May Cry 2, then Viewtiful Joe and Okami might never have been made. If I was directing Bayonetta 2, then I wouldn’t have been able to make The Wonderful 101.”
Thanks Nintendo Everything.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree