Baktrian faction arrives as a free update for Total War: Rome II
Creative Assembly has added another playable faction to Total War: Rome II for free.
Baktria was originally part of Alexander The Great's empire and was an important centre of commerce between East and West and their cities were famed as glittering jewels in the Eastern deserts.
It became home to immigrants from Persia and the Greek States and as a result their military forces are as varied as their populace with an interesting balance of units from Greek and Persian military forces. Baktria arrives as an automatic download on Steam from today.
More information is available on the new faction over on the Total War Wiki.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer