Baktrian faction arrives as a free update for Total War: Rome II
Creative Assembly has added another playable faction to Total War: Rome II for free.
Baktria was originally part of Alexander The Great's empire and was an important centre of commerce between East and West and their cities were famed as glittering jewels in the Eastern deserts.
It became home to immigrants from Persia and the Greek States and as a result their military forces are as varied as their populace with an interesting balance of units from Greek and Persian military forces. Baktria arrives as an automatic download on Steam from today.
More information is available on the new faction over on the Total War Wiki.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3