EA believes launch titles were much higher quality on the Xbox One and PS4
EA's new CEO Andrew Wilson believes that the quality of the launch titles on the new generation of consoles is far better than on previous generations.
Wilson explained to the Credit Suisse Annual Technology Conference that the simplified PC-style architecture of the PS4 and Xbox One have allowed them to create far better launch titles that before.
He continued, "In the last transition we [spent] the first two to three years actually just trying to figure out how to get the most out of the boxes, and particularly because the two boxes were very different. So the good news now is I think that we have reached the level of quality at launch that we didn't get through last time. And our teams are already starting to think about investment in new innovation for the future."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3