Nintendo DS dead pixel promise
The bane of gadget buyers the world over, dead or stuck pixels can be particularly annoying on handheld devices where the viewer is close to the screen. After forking out an inordinate amount of cash for your LCD enabled device a single black or crazy-coloured pixel certainly can take the shine off your opinion of the company that manufactured it. It happens all too often, as your reporter has found out several times in the past. Very annoying indeed.
Well, Nintendo appear to have taken this into consideration, and have magnanimously made a promise to replace any DS owner's devices with the problem as part of the warranty.
Here is the official statement on the matter in full -
"With a small number of Nintendo DS screens, one or two dots on the screen may appear to be "stuck" on a particular color, such as white or red. This effect is caused when a particular pixel (the dots that make up the screen) is not working properly, even with the high quality standards set by LCD manufacturers. You will find this situation is common in many LCD devices, (PC monitors, televisions, cell phones, etc.).
It's important to understand that this issue will remain limited to the pixels you have already noticed. The problem will not get any worse and you should not expect to see the problem in any other areas of the screen.
We suggest that you use your system for a few weeks to determine whether this interferes with your enjoyment of game play. If, after using your system for awhile, you feel that this tiny dot is too distracting, the Nintendo DS does carry a one-year warranty. We are happy to inspect and, if necessary, fix your system at no charge within the warranty period."
Impressive customer service, it has to be said.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today