Nintendo DS out stateside
Even as you read this huge numbers of lucky gamers stateside are already enjoying an early taste of Nintendo's brand new gaming handheld, the DS, which launched yesterday in North America. Of course, Nintendo and their retails pals were happy to make a song and dance about the new arrival, with many outlets opening from midnight to sell the wee beastie to eager Ninty fans. Those of you of the non-hardcore persuasion may however have found it more difficult to grab a DS, or even games for the new system, as rumour has it stock has been going very quickly; in part down to better than expected demand for the innovative handheld.
Some reports at the end of last week suggested a lucky few had got their hands on the machine early, presumably through mistakes at large retailers such as Wal-Mart, Toys R Us and Best Buys. The biggest launch showcase for the machine was said to be centred around EB's brand new flagship store in Los Angeles, California. Naturally, we'll keep you posted as the Nintendo DS' debut week progresses.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer