Majesco in Starbreeze coup
US publisher Majesco has secured the services of Starbreeze for their next title, it emerged late yesterday. The Swedish firm were behind the excellent Chronicles of Riddick, which took everyone by surprise earlier this year. The new title is being developed for next-generation consoles, and is not expected to be available until 2006. That said, the critical praise garnered by Riddick should ensure plenty more hype as release approaches.
Majesco have partnered with VU Games to distribute titles in Europe previously, so it may be that the embattled games division of Vivendi Universal manages to bag this title's continental debut. Starbreeze CEO Johan Kristiansson was unsurprisingly enthusiastic: "Majesco has a fine reputation in the development community for partnering with its developers to assemble a single, cohesive team dedicated to producing quality products. We are excited to be working with them on creating content for the next generation of video game systems."
Meanwhile, the enhanced Chronicles of Riddick for the PC approaches apace. More soon.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access