Majesco in Starbreeze coup
US publisher Majesco has secured the services of Starbreeze for their next title, it emerged late yesterday. The Swedish firm were behind the excellent Chronicles of Riddick, which took everyone by surprise earlier this year. The new title is being developed for next-generation consoles, and is not expected to be available until 2006. That said, the critical praise garnered by Riddick should ensure plenty more hype as release approaches.
Majesco have partnered with VU Games to distribute titles in Europe previously, so it may be that the embattled games division of Vivendi Universal manages to bag this title's continental debut. Starbreeze CEO Johan Kristiansson was unsurprisingly enthusiastic: "Majesco has a fine reputation in the development community for partnering with its developers to assemble a single, cohesive team dedicated to producing quality products. We are excited to be working with them on creating content for the next generation of video game systems."
Meanwhile, the enhanced Chronicles of Riddick for the PC approaches apace. More soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light