Majesco in Starbreeze coup
US publisher Majesco has secured the services of Starbreeze for their next title, it emerged late yesterday. The Swedish firm were behind the excellent Chronicles of Riddick, which took everyone by surprise earlier this year. The new title is being developed for next-generation consoles, and is not expected to be available until 2006. That said, the critical praise garnered by Riddick should ensure plenty more hype as release approaches.
Majesco have partnered with VU Games to distribute titles in Europe previously, so it may be that the embattled games division of Vivendi Universal manages to bag this title's continental debut. Starbreeze CEO Johan Kristiansson was unsurprisingly enthusiastic: "Majesco has a fine reputation in the development community for partnering with its developers to assemble a single, cohesive team dedicated to producing quality products. We are excited to be working with them on creating content for the next generation of video game systems."
Meanwhile, the enhanced Chronicles of Riddick for the PC approaches apace. More soon.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May