Majesco in Starbreeze coup
US publisher Majesco has secured the services of Starbreeze for their next title, it emerged late yesterday. The Swedish firm were behind the excellent Chronicles of Riddick, which took everyone by surprise earlier this year. The new title is being developed for next-generation consoles, and is not expected to be available until 2006. That said, the critical praise garnered by Riddick should ensure plenty more hype as release approaches.
Majesco have partnered with VU Games to distribute titles in Europe previously, so it may be that the embattled games division of Vivendi Universal manages to bag this title's continental debut. Starbreeze CEO Johan Kristiansson was unsurprisingly enthusiastic: "Majesco has a fine reputation in the development community for partnering with its developers to assemble a single, cohesive team dedicated to producing quality products. We are excited to be working with them on creating content for the next generation of video game systems."
Meanwhile, the enhanced Chronicles of Riddick for the PC approaches apace. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3