Majesco in Starbreeze coup
US publisher Majesco has secured the services of Starbreeze for their next title, it emerged late yesterday. The Swedish firm were behind the excellent Chronicles of Riddick, which took everyone by surprise earlier this year. The new title is being developed for next-generation consoles, and is not expected to be available until 2006. That said, the critical praise garnered by Riddick should ensure plenty more hype as release approaches.
Majesco have partnered with VU Games to distribute titles in Europe previously, so it may be that the embattled games division of Vivendi Universal manages to bag this title's continental debut. Starbreeze CEO Johan Kristiansson was unsurprisingly enthusiastic: "Majesco has a fine reputation in the development community for partnering with its developers to assemble a single, cohesive team dedicated to producing quality products. We are excited to be working with them on creating content for the next generation of video game systems."
Meanwhile, the enhanced Chronicles of Riddick for the PC approaches apace. More soon.
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4