The Matrix Online finds its voice
The Matrix Online, Warner Bros. forthcoming MMORPG, due early next year, appears to be taking further shape today with word that the developers have enlisted highly impressive voice acting talent for the new game - billed as a 'continuation' of the trilogy. Morpheus' voice Lawrence Fishburne has been signed, alongside Monica Bellucci as Persephone, Mary Alice as The Oracle, Lambert Wilson as The Merovingian, Harold Perrineau Jr. as Link, Harry Lennix as Locke, Nona Gaye as Zee, Collin Chou as Seraph, and Tanveer Atwal as Sati. An impressive line-up despite the lack of young Keanu's influence.
Indeed, the reason for these no doubt costly signings was, as Warner put it "imperative to preserve character continuity between this game and the films as much as possible." The game's music composer Don Davis has also been drafted for the new game. The Matrix Online is currently set to launch on January 18th. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3