Doom 3 expansion announced
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil was today announced officially by publisher Activision, who revealed in so doing that the double-barrelled shotgun is on the way back, in this new instalment being created jointly between Nerve and id Software. The premise is pure Doom, our trusty marine taking possession of an ancient artefact containing the very essence of hell's power... which the demons almost inevitably want back.
New locations, weapons and foes are promised, including the boomstick, whilst the multiplayer component will now support up to eight players, across a spate of brand-spanking new maps. "Doom 3 defines first-person cinematic action," id CEO Todd Hollenshead boasted, "and the expansion pack continues right where we left off - with a terrifying atmosphere, a new story and one of the most classic weapons ever, the double-barrelled shotgun."
More on this as we get it, including a release date, we hope.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update