EA reveal Dogs of War
EA have let slip further details on the new Medal of Honour game revealed at the company's financial briefing yesterday. Medal of Honour: Dogs of War is the name of the new title, being created by EA Los Angeles. A 'new way of playing' is promised, though EA assure us that Dogs of War won't mark a departure from the gritty cinematic realities - which were first popularised into the WWII sub-genre through Medal of Honour: Allied Assault in 1999. The game will be out in the Spring of 2005 on the Xbox, PS2 and GameCube.
As with previous outings numerous technical and anecdotal advisers are being employed by EA to ensure the game is as authentic and historically sensitive as possible, the premise is put thusly:
Europe 1942. These are desperate hours for the Allied forces as the Nazi war machine rages across a devastated European landscape. With the British on the brink, Lt. William Holt of the OSS is sent on a secret mission by order of the President of the United States. On his own, or with his squad, Holt is pivotal in helping to turn the tide in four of the most crucial battles leading to victory in Europe.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year