Gran Turismo 4 later in Europe
Despite having cut out the much-anticipated online component to save time, Sony UK has confirmed that Gran Turismo 4 will still slip in Europe, into Q1 2005. The slip doesn't just include Europe, either - rather all PAL territories - Sony confirming that localisation issues are to be blame, citing in particular the difficulties of translation into thirteen languages.
Polyphony's opus is still said to be on track for a release this Christmas in North America and Japan, though like the PAL versions, this edition will also launch sans online play - something of a blow to the series' numerous fans who viewed the online mode as the main selling point of the new title.
Polyphony are now considering the feasibility of a separate online GT game in mid-2005, assuming they can overcome the technical problems plaguing such a title on the PS2. More on this soon.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May