Gran Turismo 4 later in Europe
Despite having cut out the much-anticipated online component to save time, Sony UK has confirmed that Gran Turismo 4 will still slip in Europe, into Q1 2005. The slip doesn't just include Europe, either - rather all PAL territories - Sony confirming that localisation issues are to be blame, citing in particular the difficulties of translation into thirteen languages.
Polyphony's opus is still said to be on track for a release this Christmas in North America and Japan, though like the PAL versions, this edition will also launch sans online play - something of a blow to the series' numerous fans who viewed the online mode as the main selling point of the new title.
Polyphony are now considering the feasibility of a separate online GT game in mid-2005, assuming they can overcome the technical problems plaguing such a title on the PS2. More on this soon.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced