New 3D Realms game mooted
Dallas developer 3D Realms is working on a brand new, as-yet unannounced title, according to president Scott Miller, who made the admission in an internet posting. 3D Realms have grown increasingly infamous in recent years; mainly because Duke Nukem Forever is still in development, and has been for more than seven years. Once a highly anticipated sequel, Duke Forever is now something of an industry joke - though repeated proclamations from the developers insist the game will be released.
"Although we're known for Duke, we also helped bring Max Payne to the market, and we're currently working on an unannounced original game," Miller stated. Does this mean Duke is progressing well, and could be released soon? Who knows, we do however fear for the project, given the raft of top-notch FPS games out or en route. More on this mysterious new game, as we get it.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title