Ubisoft announce King Kong
French publisher Ubisoft, rather quiet since revelling in a raft of new titles earlier this year, has today announced a brand new licensed game, based on Universal's upcoming blockbuster King Kong, due out on December 14th 2005. The multi-platform game currently in development will be released in tandem with this debut, Ubisoft revealed. The ever-excellent Montreal studio, coupled with Ubi's Montpellier team (Beyond Good and Evil), will work on the new game in collaboration with director Peter Jackson - most famous for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
"I'm really enjoying the collaboration with these artists, and all the creative possibilities we're discovering," enthused Peter Jackson. "By working closely with the development team, Ubisoft is enabling me to help shape the kind of gaming experience that I will be proud to associate with this new version of King Kong, a story that began my life-long love of film." Jackson's vision for the movie is said to be rather unique, so we look forward to seeing how Ubisoft's highly regarded developers fashion it in interactive form.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year