Ubisoft announce King Kong
French publisher Ubisoft, rather quiet since revelling in a raft of new titles earlier this year, has today announced a brand new licensed game, based on Universal's upcoming blockbuster King Kong, due out on December 14th 2005. The multi-platform game currently in development will be released in tandem with this debut, Ubisoft revealed. The ever-excellent Montreal studio, coupled with Ubi's Montpellier team (Beyond Good and Evil), will work on the new game in collaboration with director Peter Jackson - most famous for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
"I'm really enjoying the collaboration with these artists, and all the creative possibilities we're discovering," enthused Peter Jackson. "By working closely with the development team, Ubisoft is enabling me to help shape the kind of gaming experience that I will be proud to associate with this new version of King Kong, a story that began my life-long love of film." Jackson's vision for the movie is said to be rather unique, so we look forward to seeing how Ubisoft's highly regarded developers fashion it in interactive form.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto