Ubisoft announce King Kong
French publisher Ubisoft, rather quiet since revelling in a raft of new titles earlier this year, has today announced a brand new licensed game, based on Universal's upcoming blockbuster King Kong, due out on December 14th 2005. The multi-platform game currently in development will be released in tandem with this debut, Ubisoft revealed. The ever-excellent Montreal studio, coupled with Ubi's Montpellier team (Beyond Good and Evil), will work on the new game in collaboration with director Peter Jackson - most famous for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
"I'm really enjoying the collaboration with these artists, and all the creative possibilities we're discovering," enthused Peter Jackson. "By working closely with the development team, Ubisoft is enabling me to help shape the kind of gaming experience that I will be proud to associate with this new version of King Kong, a story that began my life-long love of film." Jackson's vision for the movie is said to be rather unique, so we look forward to seeing how Ubisoft's highly regarded developers fashion it in interactive form.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light