Ubisoft announce King Kong
French publisher Ubisoft, rather quiet since revelling in a raft of new titles earlier this year, has today announced a brand new licensed game, based on Universal's upcoming blockbuster King Kong, due out on December 14th 2005. The multi-platform game currently in development will be released in tandem with this debut, Ubisoft revealed. The ever-excellent Montreal studio, coupled with Ubi's Montpellier team (Beyond Good and Evil), will work on the new game in collaboration with director Peter Jackson - most famous for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
"I'm really enjoying the collaboration with these artists, and all the creative possibilities we're discovering," enthused Peter Jackson. "By working closely with the development team, Ubisoft is enabling me to help shape the kind of gaming experience that I will be proud to associate with this new version of King Kong, a story that began my life-long love of film." Jackson's vision for the movie is said to be rather unique, so we look forward to seeing how Ubisoft's highly regarded developers fashion it in interactive form.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update