Ubisoft announce King Kong
French publisher Ubisoft, rather quiet since revelling in a raft of new titles earlier this year, has today announced a brand new licensed game, based on Universal's upcoming blockbuster King Kong, due out on December 14th 2005. The multi-platform game currently in development will be released in tandem with this debut, Ubisoft revealed. The ever-excellent Montreal studio, coupled with Ubi's Montpellier team (Beyond Good and Evil), will work on the new game in collaboration with director Peter Jackson - most famous for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
"I'm really enjoying the collaboration with these artists, and all the creative possibilities we're discovering," enthused Peter Jackson. "By working closely with the development team, Ubisoft is enabling me to help shape the kind of gaming experience that I will be proud to associate with this new version of King Kong, a story that began my life-long love of film." Jackson's vision for the movie is said to be rather unique, so we look forward to seeing how Ubisoft's highly regarded developers fashion it in interactive form.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon