EA look to PS3 in 2006
EA chief Warren Jenson has told investors at a conference call that the world's largest games publisher is currently expecting the Xbox 2 and the Playstation 3 to begin arriving from late 2005 onwards. Jenson stated that Microsoft's offering would probably be out for Christmas 2005, with Sony's rival hot on its heals; out within six months of this. Whilst the CFO admitted these dates were still open to change, he also said that the PS3 could alter, coming as early as winter 2005 to rival the Xbox 2, or as late as winter 2006.
Of course, Jenson will be kept well in 'the loop', by the eager console manufacturers, and this word could therefore be taken as the current best estimate - which also concurs with other expert opinion. Of course, Sony are likely to be far more cagey, as they consider their strategy amid a fearsome onslaught from Redmond - desperate to get the Xbox out on top. We'll keep you posted, natch.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching