EA look to PS3 in 2006
EA chief Warren Jenson has told investors at a conference call that the world's largest games publisher is currently expecting the Xbox 2 and the Playstation 3 to begin arriving from late 2005 onwards. Jenson stated that Microsoft's offering would probably be out for Christmas 2005, with Sony's rival hot on its heals; out within six months of this. Whilst the CFO admitted these dates were still open to change, he also said that the PS3 could alter, coming as early as winter 2005 to rival the Xbox 2, or as late as winter 2006.
Of course, Jenson will be kept well in 'the loop', by the eager console manufacturers, and this word could therefore be taken as the current best estimate - which also concurs with other expert opinion. Of course, Sony are likely to be far more cagey, as they consider their strategy amid a fearsome onslaught from Redmond - desperate to get the Xbox out on top. We'll keep you posted, natch.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto