Bungie look to new title
Bungie studio manager Peter Parsons told the BBC recently that the developer's next project will not be based on the Halo series, and confirmed that a brand new title is already under consideration - with November release Halo 2 all but complete now. "After Halo 2 we are planning to do something different," Parson's confirmed. "We will do something else and we have a few ideas." Nice.
"We have several hundred years of Halo fiction laid out," Parsons added by way of reassurance to Halo fans - and also stated that a cinematic rendition is not off the cards, as there has already been interest in such an idea. Not that Bungie have any plans for this currently.
Speculation has it that new title in question will probably be an Xbox 2 launch game - with the possibility that another team or third-party might be enlisted to continue Halo development into numero three. We'll keep you posted on all such tittle-tattle.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May