Nintendo plot big screen debut
One of the founding fathers of firm now recognisable as present day Nintendo is suggesting another radical shift for the Japanese console firm, decades after playing a key role in the company's move from card games to electronica. Hiroshi Yamauchi has told press that he plans to suggest a feature film to the board of directors, an animated movie based on the Ogura Hyakunin Isshu compilation - traditional Japanese poetry.
The former president, still a major shareholder in Ninty, believes such a project could thrive at home and abroad, and will put forward a full proposal at this month's board meeting. We'll keep you posted on this interesting development, which could be regarded as a diversification in order to keep pace with rivals Sony and Microsoft - who are both more than capable of damaging big 'N's bottom line, especially with new consoles fast approaching.
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary