Nintendo plot big screen debut
One of the founding fathers of firm now recognisable as present day Nintendo is suggesting another radical shift for the Japanese console firm, decades after playing a key role in the company's move from card games to electronica. Hiroshi Yamauchi has told press that he plans to suggest a feature film to the board of directors, an animated movie based on the Ogura Hyakunin Isshu compilation - traditional Japanese poetry.
The former president, still a major shareholder in Ninty, believes such a project could thrive at home and abroad, and will put forward a full proposal at this month's board meeting. We'll keep you posted on this interesting development, which could be regarded as a diversification in order to keep pace with rivals Sony and Microsoft - who are both more than capable of damaging big 'N's bottom line, especially with new consoles fast approaching.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015