Nintendo plot big screen debut
One of the founding fathers of firm now recognisable as present day Nintendo is suggesting another radical shift for the Japanese console firm, decades after playing a key role in the company's move from card games to electronica. Hiroshi Yamauchi has told press that he plans to suggest a feature film to the board of directors, an animated movie based on the Ogura Hyakunin Isshu compilation - traditional Japanese poetry.
The former president, still a major shareholder in Ninty, believes such a project could thrive at home and abroad, and will put forward a full proposal at this month's board meeting. We'll keep you posted on this interesting development, which could be regarded as a diversification in order to keep pace with rivals Sony and Microsoft - who are both more than capable of damaging big 'N's bottom line, especially with new consoles fast approaching.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update