Xbox TV coming with part deux
A new online feature, dubbed Xbox TV, could be added with the next version of the Live online service for Xbox 2 (or Xbox Next). Dubbed simply 'Xenon' currently, the successor to the Xbox has yet to be unveiled, however a job posting on the Microsoft site does reveal some for the company's early plans. Xbox TV could well be a spectator mode on Live, with the following implied on the official MS careers site: "a spectator mode for many Xenon games, Xbox TV - with tickers at the bottom of the screen featuring recent high scores and game highlights, a tournament system, and tradable trophies."
Of course, the job listing probably wasn't supposed to give away such intrinsic details of a service probably more than a year away - but we suspect it could be part of Redmond's ever ambitious plans for the Live service, which will no doubt be more central to the Xbox 2. An unveiling for the new hardware is expected by some to come at CES in January 2005; so we've probably something of a wait on our hands.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch