Xbox TV coming with part deux
A new online feature, dubbed Xbox TV, could be added with the next version of the Live online service for Xbox 2 (or Xbox Next). Dubbed simply 'Xenon' currently, the successor to the Xbox has yet to be unveiled, however a job posting on the Microsoft site does reveal some for the company's early plans. Xbox TV could well be a spectator mode on Live, with the following implied on the official MS careers site: "a spectator mode for many Xenon games, Xbox TV - with tickers at the bottom of the screen featuring recent high scores and game highlights, a tournament system, and tradable trophies."
Of course, the job listing probably wasn't supposed to give away such intrinsic details of a service probably more than a year away - but we suspect it could be part of Redmond's ever ambitious plans for the Live service, which will no doubt be more central to the Xbox 2. An unveiling for the new hardware is expected by some to come at CES in January 2005; so we've probably something of a wait on our hands.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light