SCi champion Highlander
No, this isn't a story about mad Billy the Scottish drunken wanderer, rather the series of films starring Christopher Lambert that were big in the 80s. Do you remember? I think at least one of them also had Sean Connery, and there was much time-travelling and sword-swinging. Now, publisher SCi (also working on a Reservoir Dogs game currently) has bagged the rights to create a videogame based on this official film licence, and is clearly pleased with the potential Highlander has to offer.
"There are so many great opportunities with such a rich licence as the Highlander franchise," creative director Patrick O'Luanaigh commented. "We will be working closely with Peter Davis and Bill Panzer to develop the Highlander universe further. The concept is ideal for a game." All of which sounds very promising, and SCi clearly feel the market is still there for such a title, even if it is based on a now aged licence. More soon.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching