SCi champion Highlander
No, this isn't a story about mad Billy the Scottish drunken wanderer, rather the series of films starring Christopher Lambert that were big in the 80s. Do you remember? I think at least one of them also had Sean Connery, and there was much time-travelling and sword-swinging. Now, publisher SCi (also working on a Reservoir Dogs game currently) has bagged the rights to create a videogame based on this official film licence, and is clearly pleased with the potential Highlander has to offer.
"There are so many great opportunities with such a rich licence as the Highlander franchise," creative director Patrick O'Luanaigh commented. "We will be working closely with Peter Davis and Bill Panzer to develop the Highlander universe further. The concept is ideal for a game." All of which sounds very promising, and SCi clearly feel the market is still there for such a title, even if it is based on a now aged licence. More soon.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive