SCi champion Highlander
No, this isn't a story about mad Billy the Scottish drunken wanderer, rather the series of films starring Christopher Lambert that were big in the 80s. Do you remember? I think at least one of them also had Sean Connery, and there was much time-travelling and sword-swinging. Now, publisher SCi (also working on a Reservoir Dogs game currently) has bagged the rights to create a videogame based on this official film licence, and is clearly pleased with the potential Highlander has to offer.
"There are so many great opportunities with such a rich licence as the Highlander franchise," creative director Patrick O'Luanaigh commented. "We will be working closely with Peter Davis and Bill Panzer to develop the Highlander universe further. The concept is ideal for a game." All of which sounds very promising, and SCi clearly feel the market is still there for such a title, even if it is based on a now aged licence. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3